I watched the movie unfinished business. Thou the trailer focuses on other matters, it’s about a man trying to make a living for his family, through own his company, but at the same time being fatherly to his children. The movie is full of adult theme messages but ignoring that, there were several things I learnt from watching the movie. No matter the circumstance:
- Be a parent to your child.
- Communicate with your child.
- Have a relationship and relate with your child.
- Be involved in your child’s life (activities and the lots).
- Your child is not fooled by your love towards him/her.
- Let your child see the soft sensitive side of being a father.
- You do not readily always have to have the answers.
- You can choose to be involved but also choose not to be involved.
- Be truthful with your child but in a loving way.
- Being a parent is an unfinished business.
By the end of the movie, the younger child had homework about her dad and her answer was ‘Dad is the person that fix things.’ Be the parent you child can rely on.