- Pay your workers on time.
- See them as human beings.
- If you work in a similar company, treat your workers how you will like to be treated as an employee. This action is based on a leader’s ethics and ethos.
- Identify they have personal needs too.
- Do not take it personal if they are not available or off sick. have a contingency plan for days like these.
- They are part of the company and make up the company.
- Acknowledge and appreciate their contribution to the team, and company.
- When asking them how they are doing, show a genuine interest for their current circumstance.
- There are ground rules and professional rules that should be followed at all times.
- Always lead from the front, by example, fairness and lack of a double standard.
These are just a few of the many secrets learnt from employing childcare practitioners. What are yours?; And do share.